Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Best Day of My Life?...

Oh no...
I made have made the biggest mistake ever...

So it all started when my DS charger decided it didn't want to work anymore, so now it doesn't.  After a few weeks of bumming charges off my friends, I finally had enough time to go get a new one.  Now, from previous wanderings around my town, I knew of two gaming shops.  One had a shit ton of posters on the outside, so I couldn't see in, and the other was very open and FULL of stuff.   Because the poster-covered one was closer, I decided to try going to that one first to inquire about a new charger.

I thought it was a gaming store.

BOY WAS I WRONG.

IT WAS AN ARCADE.  IT WAS A FUCKING ARCADE!  THERE IS AN ARCADE ABOUT A 5 MINUTE WALK AWAY FROM MY FRONT DOOR.  NOT ONLY THAT, THEY HAVE BLAZBLUE CONTINUUM SHIFT!  IT'S 50 YEN FOR BEST OF 5!  THAT'S BETTER THAN THE FUCKING MACHINE BACK AT HOME.  I COULDN'T BELIEVE IT.

Of course, upon seeing this, I immediately forgot about my initial quest and plopped myself down for some shenanigans a la Hazama.  The entire place had this really local-ish vibe.  Like, as if evveryone that was in there was always in there at this time on this day of the week.  I got a lot of "IS THAT A HAKUJIN?!" stares.  It was great.  I'm HORRENDOUSLY out of practice, but I don't think I embarrassed myself TOO bad...

Once I kicked the shit out of boss Ragna (KICKED. THE. SHIT. OUT. OF. [even got a perfect! BAM!]), I resumed my mission.  This is where the big mistake part is.  I allowed myself to walk into a Japanese gaming store.

OH
MY
GOD

It really is everything I ever dreamed of and more.  Games I know.  Games I've never heard of.  Games from series I love that I didn't know EXISTED.

I bought my charger (cheaper than the Nintendo website claimed, fuckers...) and intend to go back

I NEED A JOB


I NEED A JOB NOW

(I'll make a REAL post about events in my life soon, I promise...)

No comments:

Post a Comment