Friday, November 12, 2010

Fuck you

What a phrase that is, "fuck you!"  Does it even have meaning anymore?  I really feel that the answer is yes.  It does have meaning, but the problem is that it has so many different meanings that it's just a convoluted mess.  Right now, I truly mean "fuck you" in the best possible way!  Right now, I'm using "fuck you" to mean "I honestly don't care what you think or what you have to say," but that is all!  Right now, I'm filled with emotion and each and every single one of them is positive.

This blog post is 100% dedicated to Greg Beckman.  I highly doubt he'll read this on his own, so Samantha and Samantha, it is up to you guys to make sure he does.  You may ask yourself why it is dedicated to him.  The answer is simple: it's because this blog post is written as an argument, as a direct antithesis for so much of what he taught about.  For those of you that don't know him, this may seem very confrontational, taunting, and mean.  Fuck all of you.  I know Greg Beckman, and I know that me arguing with something he says (specifically something he cares about) is quite possibly one of the highest compliments in his eyes.

It's been said that love is the highest emotion two people can feel for one another.  Beckman, you so often preached of how love is not an emotion one can feel for a thing or for a place or whatever.  Beckman, I may be half your age (and this time, this isn't some stupid "old" joke), but it still pains me how wrong you are.  Beckman, forgive my youthful arrogance, but I think that after how long you've known me you've at least picked up the fact that I won't open up my mouth unless I know I'm right.  This is one of those times. 

I am in love with Japan.  Full-fledged love. 

One can truly love a thing or a place or what have you, not out of selfish desire or want or shallow feelings, but because of how truly alive that thing can make you.  You can love a thing because of how truly you it makes you feel.  You can love a thing because it is so intrinsically part of you.

You can love a thing, you can love yourself, and it can slowly teach you how to open up and love others.

1 comment:

  1. I am severely jealous Tim. I'm glad Japan is a place with such meaning for you and where you seem to have found plenty of happiness!

    I also thoroughly enjoy your blog posts, which I may not completely read the first time, but I go back and finish later. You may keep your tl;dr crown.

    Enjoy yourself!! (Not that you needed me to tell you that)

    ReplyDelete